Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A bloody good time.

Went to a pub quiz for charity. The charity was a group that provides menstruation cups to ladies in Africa. Our team name was "There Will Be Blood". Other good names included "The Standing Ovulations", "The Traveling Menstruals", "The Menstrual Cyclists", "The Aunt Flows"... and more.
George and Tam were on our team. I learned that "paloma" means "pigeon" in Spanish.
On Wednesday, Alex came over for dinner and to talk about website stuff. I can't recall the last time I laughed so hard. We ate apple Gorgonzola risotto, drank white wine and reminisced over some funny times. It was an excellent evening. 
For work, we went into a high school to audition some teens.
Thursday night we did a pub night with the gang. Finally went to the Dog and Bear. I can see what all the hype is about. It's a great place to go for a pint or two.
Canada won the hockey game that night. Don't ask against who, or what game, or where, or why.
Dubious Stubious.
Bubble tea, rip-off battle ship date night.
I lost miserably. Twice.
Saturday was very snowy and slushy. We braved the terrible weather to have a craft brew (or two) at Bar Volo. Look at that selection!
Sunday we went for a Winterlicious brunch at Banock. I was feeling in a 60s mood so wore this necklace and lace top.

Start of a new winter month means I gotta shell out dough for a new metro pass. Can't wait until the snow melts and I can ride my sweet, sweet bike again. 
We went for coffees at a shop called the Belljar Cafe. Great little place.
We walked over 13kms on Sunday

Couldn't resist these ankle boots for only $27 (originally $80). Very Elvis. Looking forward to decent weather so I can actually wear them.
I made yummy hot chocolate with coconut milk, dark chili chocolate, vanilla almond milk and vanilla extract. It was good.

New gal at work brought in leftover superbowl themed cupcakes from her boyfriend's superbowl party. The one with sprinkles is a stadium with the crowd. Clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers