Sunday, October 2, 2011

Little Shop of Horrors books



In honour of this spooky month, I'm going to showcase all of my vintage horror/monster-related books throughout October. Just the vintage/retro ones, because they are the neatest looking.
First up - my Little Shop of Horrors books.

Little Shop of Horrors is really what set off my love for all things old school horror. This movie/musical has been one of my obsessions since I was about 14 or 15. From doodling Audrey 2's over all of my school note books to spending hours researching and reading everything I could find about it, my teenage years were all about Little Shop of Horrors and I must say it really influenced my taste in subsequent years. I went on to discover and love many more B-horror films and monsters, yet I think Little Shop will always be my number one.

There definitely is not a wealth of material about this film/play, but over the years I've found these three treasures:

The silver one is called "The Little Shop of Horrors Book", written by John McCarty and Mark Thomas McGee, 1988.
The magazine is Cinefantastique's January 1987 issue.
The hardcover one is the actual script for the play. The cover says "Little Shop of Horrors: A New Musical, Based upon the film by Roger Corman, Book and lyrics by Howard Ashman, Music by Alan Menken". This one is 1982.


Inside shot of the Cinefantastique


Inside shot of the script


Inside shot of The Little Shop of Horrors Book - every page has that plant detail at the top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers