Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tacky Souvenirs

Whenever I go on a trip, I have a mission to get the tackiest souvenir that I can find which best represents the city. 
Here is my collection thus far.


"Flower Pots" from Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick
"Coliseum" from Rome, Italy
"Little Mermaid" from Copenhagen, Denmark
"Light House" from Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
"Olympic Stadium Snow Globe" from Montreal, Quebec

"Sand Map" from Isle of Wight, England (Isle of Wight has naturally colourful sand, and I got to pour the sand into this myself)

"Statue of Liberty", New York City, New York
"Big Ben / Eye of London", London, England
"Windmill", Amsterdam, Holland
"Eiffel Tower", Paris, France
"Skyline" Chicago, Illinois
"Fishing Boat", Halifax, Nova Scotia
"Beer Stein", Berlin, Germany

"CN Tower", Toronto, Ontario (see first picture for full shot of it)
"Sheep Snowglobe", Wales, United Kingdom
"Leprechaun", Dublin, Ireland
"Landscape", Quebec City, Quebec

Interestingly, I've been to Niagara Falls quite a few times, and each time I go I pick up a tacky souvenir, but I've lost every one of them! I also lost the castanets I got from Spain when I was about 13, which really was the start of this collection. Bit of a shame, but it gives me a good excuse to go back one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers