Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thriftin

Stuart and I love to go thrifting. Here are the latest treasures we found at the Value Village in Barrie.

A purse in excellent condition, perfect for carrying things like books and my lunch to work. Cute plaid shirt. A gold peacock earring holder. A pair of purple earrings. A little tray that has a neat tree graphic on it. I forgot to get a close up picture of the tray, but it's got gold detailing on it and I'm quite pleased I came across it.



Vintage Torino peacock earring holder. I've seen other Torino earring holders around the internet, but I think I stumbled across one of the cooler designs. I used to have a unicorn one when i was a kid though, and that was pretty stellar.



Vintage purple flower earrings; my guess is circa early 1960s. They are screw back have pretty little flowers encapsulated in an acrylic hexagon.



These are what Stuart found. An 80's windbreaker (a hobo probably died in it). A sweet polaroid camera (now just to harness the power of the time machine so that we can get some film for a not ridiculous price - Doc Brown, where are you when we need you most?). A light meter. And some strange plastic plate that has a retro Toronto office on it.


A Polaroid One Step camera. One of the cooler versions of a Polaroid I've seen.


Solar powered Sekonic 21b light meter, with leather case. I think it's from the 60s?


Office Space circa 1980. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers